It was gorgeous and the waves were marvelous providing us with alot of fun.
As the sun began to sink down into the lake I marveled at the beauty and wished to capture the moment with my camera.
I failed miserably. Although my photos are still nice they don't even come close to the dramatic beauty I encountered. I wanted to get a photo that fully captured the turquoise and mauve of the water along with the fuschia, pinks and purples of the setting sun, preferably with the flock of herring gulls flying across the view. In theory this would have been possible, and perhaps if I was a better photographer, or if I had a different camera.... however it is incredibly difficult to fiddle with settings on your camera while continuing to stay afloat in your kayak. As I was taking pictures every now and then a wave would decide to crest right into my kayak as if to remind me that I was indeed on a large lake with 0.5-1m swells. (I only had a 1/2 skirt on the kayak so yes, I got wet.) I tried to snap a few photos between paddling but eventually gave up, a pic couldn't adequately capture the moment anyways.
| My bro paddling |
They say a picture is worth a thousand words but even a thousand pictures can't adequately sum up a memory.
No comments:
Post a Comment