Thursday, May 19, 2011

Brain atrophies from lack of communication

I used to think that when I grew up I wanted to be a hermit. I would live in a cabin in the woods and have a large vegetable garden and only come into town on occasion to pick up staples- like flour or chocolate. However after 3 weeks of living alone I can conclusively say that this dream is shattered. I need people! I may occasionally display anti-social tendencies and I am not saying I need large crowds. I just need people.

My brain seems to waste away for want of conversation and right now I would really relish a good debate. In some ways writing blog posts is a kind of therapy. (Hence the second post for today.) I can fool myself into thinking I am having a conversation. Also writing down my thoughts helps me to organize them into somewhat coherent ideas. So thank you for this dose of medicine, hopefully it will tide me over until my next dose of human contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment