Thursday, March 7, 2013

How Time Flies!

My favourite view: Snow and a ski track before me!
My, my, how time flies. 
Seems like only a few weeks ago that I was moving up here, (oh wait it was) and now I only have a few weeks remaining. 

I have been making the most of my time here and not spending much time writing about my life on this blog. (My gain and your loss.) I have enjoyed a cozy night at a friends cabin (sorry "camp" to the northerners.) I stared at the stars hanging over a frozen Lake Superior and stoked the wood fire in the morning. I have frolicked over fields and ice with my snowshoes on my feet and friend by my side. I have spent an evening with friends enjoying good beer and great live music at a local pub.I have seen movies, had excellent conversations and taken late night trips to Dairy Queen. I have enjoyed several after church/ just because potlucks or sushi lunches. I am frequently found dancing while baking in our kitchen much to the amusement of my housemates. Good friends and Great food are such a delightful combination! I have gone skating on an outdoor rink and only fell once!

Mockingbird hill- photos never do a hill justice
Also I have been making the most of my purchased ski pass and have definitely put it too good use. Even with my late start to the ski season and having to pay the full rate since I missed the early bird price; I have been able to ski more than enough to make it worthwhile. Gliding over the snow and working up a sweat even though it is below -20 C is one of my favourite things. Recently I conquered a large hill I had previously been avoiding, and have been skiing 18km/ week on average.







I hope my adventures will continue just a little longer. I hear rumours of /have made plans for such exciting activities as an evening of traditional Canadian dancing, consuming vast quantities of maple syrup, and having a wine and cheese party. And if the weather will permit I hope to get in a couple more good days of skiing. Who knows how long I, or the snow, will stay. So in the meantime lets squeeze every ounce of enjoyment or excitement our of life that we can! And when the pressures of an uncertain job future or the sadness of melting snow threaten to get me down I have a new distraction....


PRETTY SHOES!!!

PRETTY SHOES!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha...love it. sounds like a good few months, wish I was there to share it with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you were too! I need an adventure buddy!!!

      Delete