No problem I thought. I am a strong independent woman. I can get this package up and into my apartment. No problem.
After a little grunting, ingenuity, and a precarious balancing of said package on a railing while I attempted for a third time to open the door to my floor, I finally got the package into my apartment.
I then opened it and began to separate the pieces to assemble.
Being a wise person I looked to the instructions. I am not a complete fool, to avoid frustration always read the instructions.
The first instruction: "Two people are required to assemble this item"
Okay.... So maybe not all the instructions are important right??
I proceeded to assemble the cart. Several hours later I was successful! The cart was assembled. The shelves held together. I had counter space. Hurray!!
I began to pick up the garbage and packaging. It was then that I noticed a sign on the cardboard box:
"Pfft!" I thought. I am a strong independent woman. Look I got it here and up 2 flights of stairs all by myself. I assembled the cart without any hollering or yelling (just some music: Bastille, and a pumpkin spice latte.) My confidence soared. "Who needs a team?!?" I thought, "I am woman, hear me roar!" I joked as I put away my screwdriver a.k.a. butter-knife .
The next morning I woke up to bruises on my arms and sore shoulders. Later that afternoon I found that the shelf of my new cart kept collapsing. Who needs a team? I DO!
Perhaps I was able to complete things on my own, but I ended up sore and bruised in the process. I sense of independence is good, but I am not an island.
Last week I was preparing my Sunday School lesson for my class. We were talking about the importance of Christian community. Their memory verse was
Ecclesiastes 4:12
New International Version (NIV)
12 Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
Hmmm.... looks like this is a lesson I haven't quite learned yet.
P.S. The collapsing shelf was later fixed with sticky tack. It works excellent now.
What else do you expect from a girl who uses a butter knife as a screwdriver?!?
For all you music lovers here is some Bastille for your listening enjoyment:
No comments:
Post a Comment